This site contains affiliate links to products, and we may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
If you are an AirPods owner, you know that the charging case is a huge part of the experience. It’s great to just pop your earbuds into the case and have them charged up and ready to go in less than two hours. But you may wonder, “Can I Really Use an 18w Charger on All AirPods?”
Yes! You can use an 18w charger on all AirPods. The Apple AirPods feature a one-of-a-kind design that allows them to function with chargers of various wattages. Whether you are using an older charger with 5W of power coming through or an 18W charger, you will have power flowing.
In this blog post, I will answer that question and explain how the 18w charger will help you charge them faster. I will also give you some tips on how to get the most out of your AirPods charging case!
Can I Really Use an 18w Charger on All AirPods?
The AirPods charging case is designed to work with chargers of various wattages. The 18w charger will help you charge your AirPods faster.
When using an 18w charger, you can expect to see a full charge in around one hour and forty minutes. If you are using a lower wattage charger, it will take longer to reach a full charge.
You can check out an example from Amazon here.
Why Use an 18w Charger on Your AirPods
The 18w charger will give you the quickest charge time for your AirPods. If you are in a hurry and need to quickly get a full charge, then this is the charger.
In addition to the quick charge time, the 18w charger will also help to prolong the life of your AirPods. It does this by providing a steadier flow of power to the earbuds.
This prevents them from being overcharged and keeps them working at peak efficiency for a longer period.
Will an 18w Charger Overcharge My AirPods?
No, the 18w charger will not overcharge your AirPods. The charging case is designed to stop power flow once the earbuds are fully charged.
Overcharging happens when the device receives too much energy, causing it to malfunction. This may cause the device to not only be damaged but also to overheat or even explode.
If this happened while the AirPods were in your ear, it might result in significant harm and hearing problems.
You can leave your AirPods in the charging case and connect to the charger overnight without worrying about them being overcharged.
Differences between the 18w charger and the Regular Charger
There are a few key differences between the 18w charger and the regular charger.
The 18w charger provides more power than the standard charger. This means that it will charge your AirPods faster.
The 18w charger comes with a USB-C to Lightning cable. This is the newest and fastest way to charge your devices.
The 18w charger is more expensive than the standard charger. However, it is worth the investment if you are looking for the quickest way to charge your AirPods.
The 18w charger is larger than the standard charger. This is due to the increased power output.
Cons of Using the 18w charger
The disadvantages of using the 18w charger are:
- It is more expensive than the standard charger.
- The size is larger and might not fit in your pocket as easily.
- You need to have a USB-C port on your device to use it.
How to Charge Your AirPods Using an 18w Charger
To charge your AirPods using an 18w charger, follow these steps:
- Find a USB-C to Lightning cable.
- Connect the cable to the 18w charger.
- Plug the other end of the cable into your AirPods charging case.
- Place the AirPods in the charging case and close it.
- The LED light on the front of the case will turn white to indicate charging.
- Once the AirPods are fully charged, the light will turn off.
- You can now unplug the charger and enjoy your fully charged AirPods.
How to Get the Most Out of Your AirPods Charging Case
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your AirPods charging case:
- Use the 18w charger to charge your Charing case faster.
- Make sure to charge your case regularly. A good rule of thumb is to charge it every night.
- Keep the case clean and free of dirt and dust. This will help to prolong the life of the charging case.
- If you are not using your AirPods, store them in the charging case. This will help keep them charged and ready to go when you need them.
What To Do When AirPods are Not Charging
If your AirPods are not functioning properly after being plugged into your 18w charger, you may do a few things to solve the issue.
To begin, you may be using an off-brand cable. Non-Apple charging cables may operate for a short period before abruptly stopping.
This is because knockoffs and imitations are not always accurate. If you’re using Apple’s Lightning USB cord, though, double-check the following to be sure nothing’s compromised:
- Try it with other compatible devices to make sure there isn’t a problem with the cord or block.
- To be sure it’s not an electrical issue, try another outlet.
- Examine the charging case for any dirt or debris interfering with the earbuds’ connection.
- Examine the AirPods for any signs of damage.
- Make sure you aren’t simply being impatient by checking the charge status.
If your issue persists, then resetting your AirPods may be a solution. To do so:
- Locate the small button behind the status light on the back of the case.
- Press and hold this button for approximately 15 seconds or until you see the status light flash amber a few times and then white.
You’ve now reset your AirPods, and they should charge as expected when plugged into your 18w charger.
You can use an 18w charger to charge all AirPods. Apple has designed the AirPods charging case to work with chargers of various wattages.
I hope this article has helped you learn why you need to use the 18w charger and tips on what to do if your AirPods are not charging.